- Here we go!! Nov 18, 2011
- Spanish for ice-cream? Nov 19, 2011
Went for a walk in Santiago in one of the most beautiful rose gardens. After that, to prove which country they come from, the three girls made a beeline for the big mall. To remove any remaining doubts, they bought three humongous ice creams! The Spanish exchange with the lady at the front was hilarious. I don’t think that was the size of ice cream they meant to order 🙂 — with Sharmila Roy at Hotel Santiago Marriott.
- View from the room… Nov 19, 2011
- Roadside window shopping! Nov 20, 2011
- Laguna Del Inca! Nov 20, 2011
- Loopity loop!! Nov 20, 2011
- Dinner at the Griffiths! Nov 20, 2011
- McDonalds!! Nov 21, 2011
- “Dolai Lama” 🙂 Nov 21, 2011
- Vina del Mar Nov 21, 2011
- Valparaiso! Nov 21, 2011
- Cat on the roof! Nov 21, 2011
- Sunset.. Nov 21, 2011
- PENGUINS!! Nov 22, 2011
- Pelican! Nov 22, 2011
- Pasta De Aji Nov 22, 2011
- You come all the way…. Nov 22, 2011
Seeing a family of five (grandparents, parents and a baby) taking turns to take picture, I ask in my broken Spanish if I could take a picture of all of them with their camera. Helpingly, they asked if I was more comfortable with English! Turns out they are from Dallas! Right next to where we lived!!! One more round of pisco all around then! 🙂
- One more country where I have run.. Nov 22, 2011
4 mile run in Vina Del Mar. Earned my trip to the wineries tomorrow!! — at Sheraton Miramar Hotel & Convention Center.
- Protesting in FB… Nov 22, 2011
- Pomaire! Nov 23, 2011
- Like India, like Chile!! Nov 23, 2011
- Oh! And one more thing… Nov 23, 2011
- One difference with India… Nov 24, 2011
- Cowboys! Nov 24, 2011
- Shot off a glass… Nov 24, 2011
- Emiliana! Nov 25, 2011
- Good Bye! Nov 25, 2011
Back in a plane! Goodbye Chile. For now, I guess. Sharmila loves the country so much, she wants to move here. She has even fixed the small town where she wants to move.
I will wait for her to master her Spanish till she can order right size ice cream 🙂 — with Sharmila Roy.
- Chile Vacation Nov 30, 2011
Family vacation in chile.
The kids, Sharmila and I went to Chile and spent over a week there. We had a great time in Santiago, the valley of Casablanca, Vina del Mar, Valparaiso, Portillo, Zapaillar, Pomaire and such other beautiful places. Juan Catalan was the guide and chauffer and he was the big difference why we enjoyed it so much this time!!!