7 July 2020

Early morning run

Trying to get back to some running discipline. How I am trying to trick myself is by waking up early in the morning and then getting the physical exercise part done first thing before even my body can start complaining!

Completely overcast sky. The temperatures were low 70s. A constant breeze kept the ambience fairly enjoyable. The humidity of early mornings is, of course, the penalty you pay.

4 miles in my usual trail!!

Category: Running | LEAVE A COMMENT
5 July 2020

One more milestone reached with a nerdy twist

Reached 13 thousand miles in the 31st month of motorbike riding. Other than the cool inverse relationship of the numbers (13 and 31) themselves, here is another relationship – their squares also share a inverse relationship (169 and 961 respectively)!!!

This is what happens when I feel good on a motorbike. I think of math 🙂

5 July 2020

Longest run for Nikita

Last year on this day Nikita and I had put in a 5K run in Fowler Park. Today we went a little longer and did 4 miles (6.5K). It was early in the morning – cool (72 degrees) but humid. We kept a steady 12 minute/mile pace and finished the full distance without any break.

And then did a few sprints after the run!

Category: Running | LEAVE A COMMENT
3 July 2020

Not to be outdone by my Facebook friends….

… I hosted my own watch party today!!

I have no idea what watch parties are and what my friends are doing when I get a notification “So and so is hosting a watch party”. (Other than the fact that I have not been invited to the party).

On a related note, ask me how many defunct watches we have accumulated over the years. Go ahead! Ask me!!

Category: Humor | LEAVE A COMMENT