4 January 2014

Puzzle. I do not know the answer.

You can also consider this as a desperate attempt to outsource my query after all search engines failed me.

Okay – for all you English gurus… You know how at the turn of the new year, we often write the wrong year for a few days (the previous year) (e.g. on checks)? There is an actual English word for that. For the life of me I cannot remember it.

What is it?

Posted January 4, 2014 by Rajib Roy in category "Puzzles


  1. By Rajib Roy on

    hmmmm….. I seem to remember that the word was specifically for putting the previous year during the early part of the year…

  2. By Narayan Venkatasubramanyan on

    i wish i knew. i’ve reached out to higher power. will let you know when i hear from the mountaintops.

    meanwhile, here’s something that is crying out for a word: words/phrases/ideas that are impossible to google because the words you’d use to search for them are so widely used that what you’re looking for is lost in the shuffle.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.